Thursday, September 22, 2011

Martha Teaming with Avery Dennison and Staples for New Home Office Line


I haven't discussed Martha Stewart "news" in quite some time on this blog (actually, I haven't posted much at all on the blog as of late!) but this is something I've been waiting for.. Martha Stewart Home Office with Avery. 

In a meeting today with over 1,600 Staples store managers, Stewart, along with executives from Avery Dennison and Staples office supply stores, made the announcement of the new line which will be available early in 2012. 

The initial roll out will consist of 300 sku's of merchandise including storage, and labeling and organizational technology (that sounds interesting...).  Stewart shared with the store managers that they could expect a lot of "color" in the line, with "many, many, more products" in the planning stage. 

The three companies are banking that they can capture a 2010 estimated 21 billion dollars worth of home organization revenue with this new line.  Stewart indicated that this line will do for the home office what Martha Stewart Crafts did for the crafter.  Are we about to see a revolution in home office / home organizational supplies?

As an office supply junkie (I'm sure there is a twelve step program for me..) I was very excited to learn of this new line.  I can feel a home office makeover coming. 

To read the full press release, click HERE

3 comments:

Perfecting Pru said...

I think this is exciting too. I can't wait to see the products. It's great to have you back Kenn, I have sorely missed your posts.



~ Pru

John R. said...

I'm really looking forward to this!

mike509 said...

There will probably be 8 sets of color-coordinated paper clips, I'm sure! :) Makes one want to break out their P-touch!