Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gardening for a Lifetime

I have a whole book case of gardening books but when I received this book a couple of weeks ago, it quickly became one of my favorites. 

"Gardening for a Lifetime," written by Sydney Eddison, is a small book of brilliant wisdom for the gardener who is faced with maintaining their beloved passion while growing older and in all honesty, slowing down.

Throughout the pages of this book she offers her suggestions on how to make gardening less of a 'chore' and more a thing of enjoyment as we grow older. 

Ms. Eddison makes recommendations for less time consuming plants, how lists can assist the gardener in accomplishing the many tasks that need to be addressed, and offers counsel on how to accept imperfection in the garden (yikes!). 

For myself, I know I can't spend the 6-8 hours a day on a weekend in my garden like I used to.  "Gardening for a Lifetime" shows me I don't have to... I can have more time for the other things I love in life while still living my passion as a gardener. 

 

2 comments:

mike509 said...

What a great looking, thought provoking book! Will have to check my library for this!!

Elaine said...

I'm glad you like it, Kenn. It really is a great gardening resource.