Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mike, Baking and New Found Blogs

For those of you who have yet to find this special place in the blogging world, I want to introduce you to my friend, my pal, my comrade, my cohort, Mike and his blog "Living Out West."

Mike can "tear it up" in the kitchen and behind the camera. Give the man a knee length apron, a few mixing bowls, some good baking powder, and a handy recipe - he'll whip up a little bit of heaven and photograph it with stunning results.

Mike has been participating as an active member of 'Tuesdays with Dorie' in recent weeks, creating the chosen recipe, photographing it and sharing it with the world on his blog. Dorie herself stopped by to pay Mike a compliment on a recent weekly submission.

His work is impressive.

I love reading the comments that readers leave on his blog. With clutched hankie in hand to wipe the tears of pride and joy, (not really, but it was a nice dramatic image..) I enjoy seeing my pal get the recognition he deserves for his creations. I'm a firm believer that talent should be recognized!

While reading through the comments and giving Mike mental 'atta-boys,' I paid particular attention to the comments of one reader, Matt. I enjoyed Matt's comments.. witty and clever. Two qualities I appreciate in a person. So.. as I often do, I click on the name of the person leaving the comment and it takes me to that persons blog. Voila! "Matt's Kitchen." Another delightful place to spend time while on line.
Matt is another 'Tuesdays with Dorie' participant who willingly shares his creations with delightful flare. I never knew I could smile or chuckle quite so much while reading a blog about "food, books and life in and around Chicago." I've added Matt's Kitchen to my regular blog reading list.

From time to time, I find blogs that I truly enjoy and have an overwhelming desire to share with others. I hope you'll pay them a visit.

4 comments:

Matt's Kitchen said...

Kenn,

Thank you so much for the kind words and for the link you've posted on your site. My blog is very much a work in progress. Not quite where I want it to be but definitely in a better place than when I started it.

I'm starting to catch up on your posts and enjoy reading your take on things. I especially like your Martha related posts. She's something of a hero of mine, but then I always admire strong-minded, talented women. They often get a bad rap in our culture.

Again, thank you for reading. I'll be back to your site soon!

Matt

Anonymous said...

Mike's blog is a wonderful delight. I always look forward to his next baking project!

ANDREW RITCHIE said...

Love them both! They'll be added to my roster as well, Kenn! Thanks for the suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Kenn - this was such a nice surprise! You (along with Claudine and Elaine) were my inspiration for creating it (and for joining TWD)! And I'm glad you found Matt as well - he might be one of the only other TWD male bakers out there besides me! I enjoy his blog as well! Thank you again!