Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Soaps Arrive!

I love when I arrive home from work and find packages in my door from one of the delivery services. Today my Beekman soaps arrived!
Okay.. so I've raved about the soaps in a previous blog entry.. forgive me if I do it again. What I didn't get to see was the packaging when my sister gave me my 'sample' soaps.

Each package comes in a wonderful muslin drawstring bag. Inside, there are two bars of soap wrapped in tissue and tied with cotton string. (very natural - just like the soap) Also included is a small card that tells you a bit about the soap. On the reverse side of the card, it indicates who made the soap - Josh or Brent. Nice touch!

Those of you that know me, know that I love the graphic design of packaging, logo's, etc. I was impressed with the simple packaging. Yet, it made the soaps something special. It wasn't like getting two bars of soap... it was like opening a gift. (it's an early birthday present from me to me!)
I do hope everyone will give the soaps a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

On a side note, I had 'hinted' to Dr. Brent about producing t-shirts with their Beekman logo on them. He commented on one of his blog entries that they encourage the DIY approach - so I'm going to make my own (and send one to Brent and Josh each to garden in). I'll show you the finished product this weekend. The packaging tag is my inspiration..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice packaging! I'm sure you ordered two (one to keep pristine). Or maybe you won't even use them, and keep them safe in a cupboard..... nah, who would do something like that???

:)

Anonymous said...

I hope you actually use the soap! We've already had people tell us that when they received the soap it was too pretty to use. I think that kind of defeats the purpose, but, I'm a sucker for packaging, too, so I understand. The packaging is so often better than what is inside (though definitely not in the case of our soap :-))

Looking forward to the t-shirts. We will take a picture of us wearing them in the garden (before they get dirty) and post it on the website.