Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthday Wishes for Elaine

Today is a special day as we celebrate the birthday of a dear friend, Elaine. Now, her age is a mystery, since she stopped counting birthdays - but at whatever age, she's forever young!

I've had the pleasure to get to know Elaine since November of last year. In that time, I've been taken in by her kindness, her sense of humor, and her true dedication to those she loves. She's one of those friends you can count on for a kind word when you need it, a hug when you're feeling blue, and a 'high five' when you're celebrating even the smallest victories in life.

Elaine and I share a passion for the great outdoors, getting our hands dirty and nurturing plants into bloom. I look forward to sharing this gardening season with her.

I decided to do something a little different for Elaine's birthday... since we share a love of gardening, I'm going to plant a tree in her honor; A friendship tree. I feel confident that as the tree grows, so will our friendship; and it will be a daily reminder of how very fortunate I am to have such a truly good person in my life. Happy Birthday, Elaine! You're in our thoughts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just the best birthday, ever! A tree in my honor! Oh, I can't wait to see it! Thank you so very much, Kenn! Oops, you're not supposed to say 'thank you' for a plant or tree because it may not grow and we don't want little Elaine not to grow, do we?!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a great present! And it will last so much longer than a stinkin' cake! :)

I wonder what I'LL get for my birthday..... hm....

:)