Thursday, March 7, 2013

Save a Meal, Save a Farm

When life gives you a ton of heirloom tomatoes, make sauce!  Beekman 1802 has done just that, and it's sauce with a purpose. 

Brent and Josh, from Beekman 1802 are introducing the "Mortgage Lifter" Heirloom Tomato Pasta Sauce today on their website.  This is the first in a new line of food products from the farming duo.

In an email announcement, Brent and Josh explained how this new food line will assist other farmers:

"When we won "The Amazing Race," we promised in every interview that we would develop a food line with the winnings that would help American small farms pay off their mortgages, just like "The Amazing Race" helped us pay off our own.

And we're crazy-excited to announce that the first product will be officially released tomorrow - our "Mortgage Lifter Heirloom Tomato Pasta Sauce." 25% of the profits will be given each year to one or more American farmers struggling to pay their mortgage. The remaining  75% will go right back into developing new products."

You can order the new sauce on line.  The more you order, the more you save!  Price cuts are available for larger quantities. 

No comments: