Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Product: Martha Wrap

Update:  This post was updated on Thursday, 10/7

Martha Stewart is doing a soft launch of a new grocery product, "Martha Wrap," a parchment lined aluminum foil. 

Martha has always demonstrated using parchment under a tent of aluminum foil to prevent the transfer of any metallic taste onto food.  This product combines the insulation of foil with the nonstick protection of parchment in one easy to use roll. 

Used for roasting,  baking and steaming, this product is oven safe up to 420 degrees and is also freezer safe.  Martha Wrap is thicker and up to five times stronger than regular foil which makes it resistant to tears. 

Martha Wrap is currently only available at Safeway stores at a price point of $4.99 per 40 ft roll. 

I think this is a great product idea and hope that wider distribution will be available later this year or early in 2011.

12 comments:

Bridgette said...

Sweet!!! Thanks for the heads up!

mike said...

I'm heading to Safeway tomorrow - great idea for a new product. She seems to be showing up in the strangest of places....

Elaine said...

Me, too! I am going to stop by the store on the way home and check it out. It's a great idea!

Unknown said...

Is there a Safeway in Connecticut, I don't think so. I hope this product comes here soon, I really do not like using foil wrap.

Anonymous said...

What about in Canada Safeway?

Kenn said...

Hi Rowena and Anonymous..
It seems as though Safeway stores are mostly on the west coast.. As for availability at Safeway in Canada, no specifics were given if it is just a US distribution or Canada as well.. It's certainly worth a look!

John R. said...

Ok Kenn! Who do we contact to get some of this shipped to us?? I'll definitely need it for all my upcoming holiday cooking and baking!!!

Kenn said...

I'm already on it, John! My west coast friends are checking on it! I've requested 10 rolls!

Bridgette said...

Just to let anyone on the east coast know, Safeway stores are called Genuardi's.

abigail said...

is the foil still recyclable?

Kate said...

Thank you! I picked up two rolls today. The packaging alone made me smile!

mike said...

Nice photos.