Friday, May 7, 2010

Summer Holiday Decorating

In 2000, Martha Stewart featured the use of small parade flags, patriotic colored pull downs, red, white & blue garlands and buntings to decorate for Memorial Day and Independence Day.  The decorating ideas were featured on her daily Martha Stewart Living television show and were popular items in the Martha by Mail catalog and Martha Stewart Catalog for Living. 

Flash forward 10 years and Martha re-introduces us to the patriotic decorating technique with a new line of Summer Holiday decorations now available through Martha Stewart for Grandin Road. 

My new Grandin Road catalog arrived in the mail today and as I was flipping through, I saw the beautiful four page spread featuring the flags, bunting, garlands and more.  Something looked familiar.. it was one of the images used in the catalog.  I knew I saw it somewhere before and indeed, I was correct.. I went through my stack of Martha by Mail catalogs that I've saved over the years and the same image appeared on the cover of the summer, 2004 Catalog for Living (upper left corner of the above photo). 

At quite reasonable prices, you can show your patriotic spirit with a variety of swags, flags, buntings and garlands.  Also available are patriotic metal beverage tubs.  The tubs are a perfect way to keep beverages on ice during your summer entertaining. 


All of the summer decorating items from Martha Stewart for Grandin Road are proudly made in America by Annin and Company - the oldest and largest flag manufacturer in the United States. 

If you're looking for a little patriotic flair for your summer holidays, check out the entire collection from Martha Stewart on the Grandin Road website.  View the website HERE >>

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I have always loved that patriotic bunting!

mike said...

It's nice the photos are timeless - I have seen stars and stripes out for weeks now... it's rather scary! Time goes by so fast.... I did get the grandinroad catalog and will wait for a sale (or two) - rather pricey, but nice to see her products again!

Pru said...

It must be lovely to have a patriotic day to celebrate. In England our St. George's Day is not really celebrated, and there is no public holiday. The holidays are always a time when I would love to live in America. Martha products and photos are always timeless, I pick up my old Living magazines from 2003 and can use all of the ideas today - wonderful.