Saturday, May 15, 2010

Plastic Nursery Pots


How many of you out there have collected a few of the plastic nursery pots during your years of gardening?
Instead of disposing of them, help your local greenhouse be a bit more 'green' by returning the pots (clean and sanitized of course) so they can be used again.  This is a great way to keep all the black plastic from filling up a landfill and it will reduce the cost for your local grower.  If their costs are lower, you can hope they would pass those savings on to you, the consumer. 

Before you pitch an ugly plastic pot, think twice; and remember we all have a responsibility to live a little greener!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I usually reuse mine when I transplant seedlings or use them inside larger pots so I don't have to use so much soil, but your idea is a great one, too. I will have to check my local nursery to see if they will take them. Thanks!