Friday, January 9, 2009

February Issue Arrives



I get a little irritated when my new issue of Martha Stewart Living arrives in the mail damaged. As you can see from the photo, the entire upper spine area of the magazine was damaged. Not acceptable!

Despite the damage, the February issue of Living once again brings us sweet treats and ideas for Valentine's Day. The heart of mini chocolate cupcakes with a rainbow inspired theme for frosting colors (Kevin's influence here?) is just a sneak peek into 15 new cupcake recipes found inside.

Charming Valentine's Day gifts and card ideas, hearty winter suppers and helpful kitchen time and money saving hints are just a few of the featured articles you'll find in this issue of Living. Who doesn't *heart* a new issue of Living?!

8 comments:

Kate said...

I hate that you always seem to get your issue WAY before I get mine! I jest! I agree with you about receiving damaged issues. It bothers me too. So now I must wait until the flood waters recede and mail can resume and hopefully my issue will get here soon. Love your blog by the way.

Anonymous said...

Damaged issues are unacceptable, especially to a collector. Of course you know you can go to the customer service area of MSL.com and there is an option to receive a replacement issue if you received one damaged! They're always happy to send another one out!

John

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate - Welcome, and thank you for your kind words. It's hit or miss when I receive my issue through subscription. There are those months when it doesn't come until WAY after it's been on the newsstands. Good luck with your new blog! I look forward to reading it.

Hi John! Yes, Customer Service will replace issues.. I've had to do that a few times, but this was clearly due to our letter carrier not being as careful as she KNOWS to be with any of my Martha magazines! She just tried to stuff way too much into our mailbox. I will have to have a little talk with her. :-)

Anonymous said...

You will be so over Valentine's day by the time the rest of us even get our issues, Kenn! I think I am going to get all my old issues out this weekend for some inspiration.

Anonymous said...

You will be so over Valentine's day by the time the rest of us even get our issues, Kenn! I think I am going to get all my old issues out this weekend for some inspiration.

Anonymous said...

where is the antique-style valentines for traditional romantics - feb 2009 page 129??
i'm looking for the how to instrucvtions for the puzzle purses shown on that page

Anonymous said...

art says - it should be easier to find online what's in the feb 2009 edition

Anonymous said...

Check after Monday for the online instructions. They are often not available until the issue hits the newsstands.