Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Gifts

This year, I tried my hand at making truffles. While all the same delicious blend of chocolate and cream on the inside they were dipped in a variety of chocolates and sugars to give a bit of variety.

These little goodies went to all my employees is individual boxes. Take a look:


Each gift was boxed in a beautiful teal blue box (a Martha color of course!) and wrapped in a large double satin ribbon.

When they opened their box, there was a label that said, "I love having you on my team"

On the inside, they found six varieties of dipped truffles. My proudest creation is the small drizzled truffles! Unfortunately, I didn't have the proper size candy cups.. but it's the thought that counts!

The truffles were loved by all! I wasn't sure I was going to make the Valentine's Day deadline with a totally packed schedule and being away last weekend. I would have moved heaven and earth to make sure that my employees knew just how much I love them. I can't do what I do and I wouldn't be as successful as I am without them.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmm! Just the thoughts that count...I'm imagining a taste of it... It's making my mouth drooling...!!! Great job Kenn!!! They look beauuutiful!!! Did it took you a long time to make it?? What's the inside flavoring? Ooh, maybe you can show us the process like Alexis(Whatever Girls). Did you have to use an expensive tempering machine? Too much question huh. Anyway, thank you for sharing your pictures. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Unknown said...

The are amazing! I love the box and bow. They look like professional chocolates. I am sure that they taste as good as they look. Great job Kenn!

Anonymous said...

I didn't get anything like that when I went to work today. Can I be a part of your team?

So very beautiful, Kenn. Who wouldn't feel appreciated when they receive a beautiful, thoughtful, and tasty gift like that?

Kudos for a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Those look fake. You bought those. You didn't even tie the ribbon. :)
Oh my god... those look better than fabulous! Kenn, you should have seen my feeble attempt at dipping truffles - I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture. Yours are wonderful. Please share/post the process - okay? I'm fascinated to know how you got them to look so professional. I even used Fran's Chocolate's book Pure Chocolate for the recipe/process, and didn't have near the success of yours. Truly wonderful!