Monday, December 17, 2007

Okay.. to say I'm 'spoiled' would probably be an understatement. To say I'm loved is obvious! Each year, my partner has a little tradition.. giving me a card 12 days before Christmas. He calls this tradition the '12 Cards of Christmas."

Every morning when I wake up, get moving around and head into the home office to check my morning mail and enjoy my coffee, I find a card sitting on my keyboard. Each card is just so special.. some are funny.. some are very serious... but each card is filled with love. It's very special to me and means so much.

Sometimes I'm not the easiest person to live with. I admit that! I've been told a few times in our relationship, "Do you know how hard it is to live with Martha Stewart?!" This is said somewhat in a joking manner, but I know that my habits of re-arranging furniture or repainting a room drives David nuts! It's one of the differences between us.. he's very much into being 'set' in a particular way and I'm all over the board trying new things, finding a better way to organize, or changing a color scheme in a room. Through it all, he tolerates it and I think he actually likes the end result... he just wishes that there would be more time between the changes!

It took him a while to understand my Martha collecting and my loyalty to the brand. He doesn't quite understand why I need a new spatula in blue when I have several already in use. He doesn't understand why I have two complete sets of Martha Stewart Living magazine. He doesn't understand why I bid on eBay for a new Martha something when I already have a like-kind item. David works for General Motors and I tried to explain to him that his loyalty to GM and GM products works the same as my loyalty to the Martha Stewart brand. I think he finally 'got it' when I explained it that way!

Collecting Martha is a hobby of mine. (I'll feature some of my collection in a future post) Our home is my hobby. I could dabble in homekeeping all day long, everyday and never really tire of it. Each enhancement or change is my hobby in action! Instead of small craft projects, I have larger scale projects I like to work on!

Through it all, I'm reminded just how good we are together. We celebrated our 10th year together this year, and with each passing day I am thankful to have him in my life. I can't imagine life without David. We're two totally opposite people who balance each other well. You can't ask for a better match than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very romantic! You say that he spoils you, but I am sure that you spoil him just as well. Sounds like a match made in heaven! Happy 10th Anniversary!

Unknown said...

David is a keeper! What a wonderful relationship you have.... Happy Anniversary!